Ponty
Benutzer
Benutzer
Receivertyp: Vu+ Duo 4K SE
Topfield SRP2100-TMS
Receiverfirmware: Vti 15.0.0

Re: WebControl

Beitrag von Ponty » Fr 8. Feb 2019, 20:04

Just discovered this tap today, very nice :-)

A couple of questions:
- How do I select the default tuner for recording programming
- EPG some channels are empty in EPG list, but JAG's EPG shows lots of information on same channels. How can I refresh the EPG info so that the missing info is updated ?

DeltaMikeCharlie
WebController
WebController

Beitrag von DeltaMikeCharlie » Fr 8. Feb 2019, 21:37

Hi,

1) I had a look at the tuner issue and the TAP does support the "tunerindex" field. If it is not specifically defined in the web request to create the timer then "auto" is used. As far as I can tell, this field was not implemented in the browser module (probably by me) and will therefore have to be modified. To my knowledge, no one has ever requested this feature. jkIT can probably be of more help here.

2) Does JAG read the EPG from the PVR's memory, or does it maintain its own database? The only EPG sources that WebControl recognises is FTA (via the PVR's memory) or SmartEPG (via SE's EPG data files).

Regards,
DMC.

Ponty
Benutzer
Benutzer
Topfield SRP2100-TMS

Beitrag von Ponty » Fr 8. Feb 2019, 22:32

It would be great to be able to select the tuner, mainly because my signal is best on tuner 2.

JAG maintains it's own database.

Ponty
Benutzer
Benutzer
Topfield SRP2100-TMS

Beitrag von Ponty » Fr 8. Feb 2019, 22:45

Here are pictures of the native EPG Guide and from WebControl. Before the pictures, I stopped and started the TAP in case it re-reads EPG info at that moment. I have also changed channel to those with no data for a while, so it could scan them.
Pls note that 3 channels have no data in WebControl, while there is info in the native TV Guide.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

DeltaMikeCharlie
WebController
WebController

Beitrag von DeltaMikeCharlie » Sa 9. Feb 2019, 02:22

Hi Ponty,

Thanks for the information. jkIT will be away for a week. I have communicated with him and he said that he will look into it when he returns.

Have you tried pressing the browser refresh button when then EPG does not show?

Ponty
Benutzer
Benutzer
Topfield SRP2100-TMS

Beitrag von Ponty » Sa 9. Feb 2019, 13:42

Hi DMC,
Yes, reloaded page, tried an other device (my Phone), restarted satellite, restarted TAP....

Twilight
Zauberküchencheflehrling mit extra Butter
Receivertyp: 1 x SRP 2100(TMS) TFIR und .1 x SRP 2410 M

Beitrag von Twilight » Sa 9. Feb 2019, 17:03

try SmartEPG. ;)

twilight

Ponty
Benutzer
Benutzer
Topfield SRP2100-TMS

Beitrag von Ponty » Sa 9. Feb 2019, 17:11

Does SmartEPG show me the EPG on a remote device, like a PC or phone, and allow programming from them, without disturbing the picture for the rest of the family that watches tv ?

Twilight

Beitrag von Twilight » Sa 9. Feb 2019, 18:15

SmartEPG works with web control...so lets have a look ;)
tms remote has also an option where you can hide the osd on the tv when you use SmartEPG remote (but I think WebControl has this option too)

twilight

Ponty
Benutzer
Benutzer
Topfield SRP2100-TMS

Beitrag von Ponty » So 10. Feb 2019, 12:08

I tried SmartEPG, looking ok to me, but wife and daughter find it difficult to have an overview - too much information on the screen. I actually like to be able to see EPG more channels at a time, but they don't... and the option to show fewer channels at a time just adds some detalis pr channel instead, so the screen doesn't get less crowded with info.

What I didn't like though, is that it started by resetting my Toppy pre and post record times from 15mins to 0. It shouldn't change system settings by itself - it could advice me to do it. But at least it told me it did so.

Next it went ahead and changed my already programmed recordings, changed which tuner to record them on - again, it was a choice by me made previously because one tuner is better than the other, so this shouldn't be changed - and here it didn't even warn me - it just did it. And when I changed them back, it changed them again...

So although it looks really feature rich and a cool design, our test of it didn't turn out a big success.

Added later:

Nice tip with TMSremote and hiding OSD, works fine with JagsEPG too :-)

Which features does it include when you say: "SmartEPG works with web control" ? I tried to look in the WebControl modules dir, and it doesn't look like there is a module installed for it.
Zuletzt geändert von Ponty am So 10. Feb 2019, 14:38, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.

Twilight

Beitrag von Twilight » So 10. Feb 2019, 16:42

Ponty hat geschrieben:
So 10. Feb 2019, 12:08

What I didn't like though, is that it started by resetting my Toppy pre and post record times from 15mins to 0. It shouldn't change system settings by itself - it could advice me to do it.
this is something which is baybe a pitty when you use it the first time. but from this point on you manage all timers with SmartEPG.
pre and post record times are settings in SmartEPG. the reason for that is that SmartEPG can record overlapping from the same service. but this only works when the toppy setting is set to zero.
Ponty hat geschrieben:
Next it went ahead and changed my already programmed recordings, changed which tuner to record them on - again, it was a choice by me made previously because one tuner is better than the other, so this shouldn't be changed - and here it didn't even warn me - it just did it. And when I changed them back, it changed them again...
SmartEPG manage the tuners so that you have descrambled records, if it is possible. so it has to do it by itself.

there is an english manual for SmartEPG, i think it would be a good idea to have a look in it so that you have a better understanding whats the idea of it and how it works.
Ponty hat geschrieben:

Nice tip with TMSremote and hiding OSD, works fine with JagsEPG too :-)
good!!
Ponty hat geschrieben:
Which features does it include when you say: "SmartEPG works with web control" ? I tried to look in the WebControl modules dir, and it doesn't look like there is a module installed for it.
as you can read in answer
DeltaMikeCharlie hat geschrieben:
Fr 8. Feb 2019, 21:37

2) Does JAG read the EPG from the PVR's memory, or does it maintain its own database? The only EPG sources that WebControl recognises is FTA (via the PVR's memory) or SmartEPG (via SE's EPG data files).
so, for my understanding webcontrol can use the epg database from SmartEPG to show the data on your device.

twilight

Ponty
Benutzer
Benutzer
Topfield SRP2100-TMS

Beitrag von Ponty » So 10. Feb 2019, 18:32

Looks like it's hard to have it coexist with other programming sources - it just ate one of my JAG programmed recordings for WD !?
So looks like it's all or nothing with SmartEPG...

... actually I deleted a programmed single event from RTL8 today with WebControl, and an other programmed event for every weekday has also disappeared. I have no idea if this was caused by WebControl or SmartEPG or what else, but programmed events never disappeared before I started using these tools.
Zuletzt geändert von Ponty am So 10. Feb 2019, 19:55, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Twilight

Beitrag von Twilight » So 10. Feb 2019, 20:27

there is no epg tap which can run together with another ;) that make no sence.
weekly timer are unsafe you should prefer search timer instead!

twilight

jkIT
TFtool-Guru
TFtool-Guru
Receivertyp: TF4000 & TF5000MP & SRP-2410

Beitrag von jkIT » So 17. Feb 2019, 20:15

Ponty hat geschrieben:
Fr 8. Feb 2019, 20:04
A couple of questions:
- How do I select the default tuner for recording programming
Ponty hat geschrieben:
Fr 8. Feb 2019, 22:32
It would be great to be able to select the tuner, mainly because my signal is best on tuner 2.
As DMC wrote, its implemented server side (TAP). So I think an implementation on browser side should be no problem, just some effort.

But in my opinion, the best option is to let the PVR select the tuner. So I would suggest to solve your signal issue on tuner 1 first.
Ponty hat geschrieben:
Fr 8. Feb 2019, 20:04
- EPG some channels are empty in EPG list, but JAG's EPG shows lots of information on same channels. How can I refresh the EPG info so that the missing info is updated ?
Ponty hat geschrieben:
Sa 9. Feb 2019, 13:42
Hi DMC,
Yes, reloaded page, tried an other device (my Phone), restarted satellite, restarted TAP....
This is an unsolved problem. The PVR API responds with an empty event list in some cases and it keeps being empty on every consecutive request.
WebControl EPG works best with SmartEPG as source. You can select the EPG source in WebControlSetup.tap.
Gruß jkIT

CRP-2401; SRP-2410 (aD); TF5000MP (aD); TF4000PVR (aD); TFtool, aTMSremote (Autor)

MPKOS
Erfahrener Benutzer
Erfahrener Benutzer
Receivertyp: VU+ UNO 4k SE , VU+ DUO 4K SE
Receiverfirmware: 15.0

Beitrag von MPKOS » Mo 18. Feb 2019, 10:38

Hello
I want to read the LIL file. How do I do that?
Thanks and Regards

Ponty
Benutzer
Benutzer
Topfield SRP2100-TMS

Beitrag von Ponty » Mo 18. Feb 2019, 20:25

jkIT hat geschrieben:
So 17. Feb 2019, 20:15
As DMC wrote, its implemented server side (TAP). So I think an implementation on browser side should be no problem, just some effort.
But in my opinion, the best option is to let the PVR select the tuner. So I would suggest to solve your signal issue on tuner 1 first.
I'm working on that.
jkIT hat geschrieben:
So 17. Feb 2019, 20:15
This is an unsolved problem. The PVR API responds with an empty event list in some cases and it keeps being empty on every consecutive request.
WebControl EPG works best with SmartEPG as source. You can select the EPG source in WebControlSetup.tap.
I don't see Jag's EPG files as an option in the settings. I don't use SmartEPG, as the rest of the family doesn't like the high amount of information on the screen. I tried to use it in parallel with Jag's, so that I could ease them on to it slowly and see if I would like it too, but it reprogrammed our Jag programmings and made reservations disappear, and then I was dis encouraged to use 2 different EPG programs here in the forum because it doesn't make sense. But it's a pity because I really like the browser EPG view of WebControl, and the genre coloring makes it very easy e.g. to identify all the films of the evening.

jkIT
TFtool-Guru
TFtool-Guru

Beitrag von jkIT » Mo 18. Feb 2019, 20:53

Ponty hat geschrieben:
Mo 18. Feb 2019, 20:25
I don't see Jag's EPG files as an option in the settings. I don't use SmartEPG, as the rest of the family doesn't like the high amount of information on the screen. I tried to use it in parallel with Jag's, so that I could ease them on to it slowly and see if I would like it too, but it reprogrammed our Jag programmings and made reservations disappear, and then I was dis encouraged to use 2 different EPG programs here in the forum because it doesn't make sense. But it's a pity because I really like the browser EPG view of WebControl, and the genre coloring makes it very easy e.g. to identify all the films of the evening.
WebControl isn't able to read JAGs EPG files.
So the only option will be to solve the problem with the native API.
Gruß jkIT

CRP-2401; SRP-2410 (aD); TF5000MP (aD); TF4000PVR (aD); TFtool, aTMSremote (Autor)

jkIT
TFtool-Guru
TFtool-Guru

Beitrag von jkIT » Mo 18. Feb 2019, 21:12

MPKOS hat geschrieben:
Mo 18. Feb 2019, 10:38
Hello
I want to read the LIL file. How do I do that?
Thanks and Regards
*.lil is not recognised as text file, so currently this is not possible.

But you could "hack" the source code. Open /public_html/js/tma.min.js in a text editor and search for

Code: Alles auswählen

/\.txt$|\.log|\.prn$|\.csv$|\.json$|\.ini$|\.sh$|\.lng$|\.bgc$/
insert |\.lil$ before the slash

Code: Alles auswählen

/\.txt$|\.log|\.prn$|\.csv$|\.json$|\.ini$|\.sh$|\.lng$|\.bgc$|\.lil$/
if you are using the dev version /index-dev.html, repeat this hack in /public_html/js/tma/tmaFile.js.

then you should be able to click on *.lil files and the browser will open a new tab with the content.
Unfortunately the browser (tested with Chrome) ignores line feeds for files with the extension *.lil, but you can right click and view the source.
Gruß jkIT

Ponty
Benutzer
Benutzer
Topfield SRP2100-TMS

Beitrag von Ponty » Di 19. Feb 2019, 17:16

jkIT hat geschrieben:
Mo 18. Feb 2019, 20:53
WebControl isn't able to read JAGs EPG files.
So the only option will be to solve the problem with the native API.
How does JAG's EPG read the EPG data ? doesn't it use the API, or is there an other method ?

jkIT
TFtool-Guru
TFtool-Guru

Beitrag von jkIT » Mi 20. Feb 2019, 12:56

Ponty hat geschrieben:
Di 19. Feb 2019, 17:16
How does JAG's EPG read the EPG data ? doesn't it use the API, or is there an other method ?
I know almost nothing about JAG's EPG. But if it scans all channels for EPG data, it has to create a database to display information at any time. How and in which format in unknown.

To clarify, if WebControl is set to PVR as EPG source, it reads data from the PVR's RAM with the help of FirebirdLib.
I could reproduce the problem, that data is available at the native guide but not in WebControl for some channels/transponders and found the cause. So I think, a solution is in sight.
Gruß jkIT

Antworten

Zurück zu „SRP/CRP TAP-Bereich“