Forum zum Thema Computer, Software am SRP
FireBird
Suspekter verdächtiger Zauberküchenchef, TAP & Firmware-Guru
Receivertyp: SRP-2401CI+ TFIR
vu+ Duo 4k

AW: TMS Emergency Procedure

Beitrag von FireBird » Mi 11. Feb 2015, 16:32

Nachdem das RebuildNAV erledigt, gibt es kein RebuildINF mehr.

Twilight
Zauberküchencheflehrling mit extra Butter
Receivertyp: 1 x SRP 2100(TMS) TFIR und .1 x SRP 2410 M

Beitrag von Twilight » Mi 11. Feb 2015, 19:50

hab mich auch gewundert, hatte dieses tap aber gar nicht mehr in erinnerung ;)

twilight

herdan
Vielfrager
Vielfrager
Receivertyp: a) TF5000PVRt (seit 09.2007)
b) CRP-2401CI+ (seit 03.2013)

Beitrag von herdan » Fr 13. Feb 2015, 15:47

Hallo ihr guten Geister,

ich will mich mal wieder bedanken für eure wertvolle Hilfe, die mir über dieses Forum schon schon einige Male zuteil geworden ist.
Ich benütze diesen Thread, weil mir die Beschreibung der "TMS Emergency Procedure" (s.o. erster Eintrag) aktuell aus der Patsche geholfen hat!!
Mein CRP-2401+ hatte sich beim Einspielen der neuen Firmware (CRP2401_04042014.tfd) übers Netz verschluckt und nur noch E-02 geblinkt.
Aber mithilfe der Super-Anleitung, eines Sticks und des rückseitigen USB-Ports konnte ich den Topf wieder zum Leben erwecken. Halleluja!

Also nochmals ganz herzlichen Dank
und beste Grüße aus München

herdan

coste@irit.fr
Neuling
Neuling

Beitrag von coste@irit.fr » Mi 4. Mai 2016, 01:35

Hello
I am french. Sorry for writing in (bad) english, but I don't speak german at all. I hope that somebody out there will understand and kindly answer ...

Now my problem : I own a SRP2410CI+ (system ID 22120). I suffered a power outage while loading a .std file modified with Vega, and now my SRP is locked in the infinite loop "LOADING ... RUN ... LOADING ...) and displays nothing on the TV.

I read the "TMS Emergency Procedure" on this forum (dreadfully translated by Google, but I think I got the gist), and tried to apply it to my SRP. Sadly it didn't work for me : either unusable for the SRP2401CI+ or I missed something...

I tried all the versions of the firmware for the ID 22120, with their original name, and also renamed to "update.tfd". I also tried to add the settings (with original name and also renamed to "update.std") on the USB stick.

I tried 3 different USB sticks, containing no other files. I tried to insert them in the three USB inputs of the SRP. But nothing worked.

I also tried to boot with the file TMSFlashSettings.tfd (renamed to update.tfd) on the USB stick, as I think I understood it's a special file which forces the receiver to reload factory settings. This didn't work either, but perhaps should I use "SRPFlashSettings.tfd", if such a file exists ?

Naturally I tried to boot while pushing permanently a button on the front panel, but all my attempts failed. The SRP is stuck in a loop "L22120 ... CHECK ... LOADING ... RUN ... L22120 ... CHECK ...). In particular no countdown appears on the display.

I am really disappointed. The SRP2401 is rather expensive, and more I invested in a silent fan and some hardware to implement discrete on off commands for the remote control, all this for a completely unusable receiver. I also tried to contact my dealer, but the only answer was he never heard of such a problem !!!

Help, thanks in advance.

Alain
Zuletzt geändert von coste@irit.fr am Mi 4. Mai 2016, 01:40, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Twilight

Beitrag von Twilight » Mi 4. Mai 2016, 06:21

have you tried the usb port on the back of your SRP?
when you see the "check" on the display this is the moment where the SRP search for the usb stick and the update.tfd
if it is not found then the usb stick (must be formated in fat32) is not working correct for the SRP.
the usb stick should have a small memory and empty. only the update.tfd should be on it.
in your case you need the emptysettings.tfd rename it to update.tfd and copy it on the stick.

twilight
Zuletzt geändert von Twilight am Mi 4. Mai 2016, 06:24, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

coste@irit.fr
Neuling
Neuling

Beitrag von coste@irit.fr » Mi 4. Mai 2016, 10:58

Hello Twilight

Thank you for your answer. Till now I din't know of the file emptysettings.tfd. I did some search, and found this :
http://www.topfield-europe.com/de/10_do ... p#download
I suppose this is the good one. Dezipping it I got a file already named update.tfd. But again this didn't work.

I describe completely the procedure I followed. Perhaps you (or somebody else) will detect what i did wrong.

1) format the USB stick (fat32)
2) copy the dezipped update.tfd on the stick (no renaming as the name is already the good one)
3) switch off the SRP2401CI+ ("hard" button on the back side)
4) insert the stick in the SRP
5) power on the SRP while maintaining a button pushed
the led of the stick blinks for 2 or 3 seconds in green
the SRP0 displays L22120 ... CHECK ... LOADING ... RUN ... L22120 ... CHECK ...
no countdown appears on the display
while the SRP is LOADING the led of the stick lights in orange for 4 or 5 secons from time to time
6) power off the SRP
7) delete update.tfd on the stick
8) copy SRP2401_22120_20150129.tfd (from Topfield downloads) to the stick, and rename it update.tfd
9) insert the stick in the SRP
10) power on the SRP while maintaining a button pushed
exactly the same behavior for the stick led and for the display ; same loop, no countdown
11) power off the SRP ; power on without pushing a button, in case it would work.
damned, always the loop L22120... LOADING ... RUN ... L22120 ... LOADING ...

I did this process with 3 USB sticks, with respectively 512MB, 4GB, 8GB of memory, all formatted in FAT32, with no other file than update.tfd.
I did it with the 3 USB inputs of the SRP (one on the back panel, two on the front panel).
Same result for all the attempts : nothing worked.

I wonder where the problem lies :
- the dezipped update.tfd is not the good one ? I didn't find anything else on the topfield download pages.
- the USB stick is not recognized by the SRP ? But I already used it to transfer settings from and to the SRP in the old days, when my SRP was working (snif).
- I didn't apply correctly the procedure : the translation from german to french (or english) by google is sometimes surrealist. it's very easy to misunderstand something.

I hope somebody will have an idea. Thanks.

Alain
Zuletzt geändert von coste@irit.fr am Mi 4. Mai 2016, 11:35, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Twilight

Beitrag von Twilight » Mi 4. Mai 2016, 11:20

the problrm must be the stick or the usb port...try different one.

twilight

coste@irit.fr
Neuling
Neuling

Beitrag von coste@irit.fr » Mi 4. Mai 2016, 11:45

yes but I tried 3 different usb sticks on the 3 usb ports --> 9 attempts multiplied by all the firmware versions, and always the same result : several days of testing, no progress.

Something could help : do you know if a countdown is displayed on the SRP2401CI+ (not the TMS) when update.tfd is found by the SRP ?
In other words, does the display of "LOADING" after "CHECK" means update.tfd is not found, or is the behavior of the SRP different from the TMS ?
Thanks
Alain

FireBird
Receivertyp: SRP-2401CI+ TFIR
vu+ Duo 4k

Beitrag von FireBird » Mi 4. Mai 2016, 13:10

You should see two countdowns, one for the download from the stick, one for the flashing process. At least the first one might not be visible with the quite small settings file. But whatever happens, you should get either a blinking END if successful, or an E-xx error if something went wrong. Your description seems to indicate that it doesn’t detect the stick or the file. Your process looks good so I have no idea at the moment what’s going wrong in your case.

Sirius
Vollzeit-Guru
Vollzeit-Guru
Receivertyp: SRP-2100(TMS) / TF5500
Receiverfirmware: 08.Apr.2014 / 22.Dez.2011 PHUD

Beitrag von Sirius » Mi 4. Mai 2016, 22:06

Till now I din't know of the file emptysettings.tfd. I did some search, and found this :
http://www.topfield-europe.com/de/10_do ... p#download
I think the EmptySettings is not the right file for the TMS/SRP.
On my SRP-2100 the Emergency Procedure did not reset the Settings with the EmptySettings file, I see no change.

It works only wth the TMSFlashSettings.tfd.

Code: Alles auswählen

update.tfd (from EmptySettings Zip)            25.741 Bytes 22.10.2012
update.tfd (renamed TMSFlashSettings.tfd)      25.741 Bytes ??.??.???? (date of download)
Both files have the same size, but they are different.
Only the second file works on SRP2100/2401.

1. Download this file: http://tap.topfield-europe.com/firebird ... ttings.tfd (post #1)
2. Rename the file to update.tfd
3. Copy the update.tfd to USB stick (FAT32)
4. Put stick to Toppy.
5. Switch Toppy (Standby) with RemoteControl "Power" to On
6. After Power press immediately the "0" and hold "0" for some seconds on the RemoteControl (gives more time to recognize the stick)
7. In the display of the Toppy you see "L22010", "CHECK" "FD00" and a blinking "END"
(or "L22120" - this is your ID)
8. The Toppy restarts automatically with "L22010", "LOADING", "RUN" (and all Settings are resetted and it has no Channellist)
9. After "LOADING" and before "RUN" press some times the "0" to prevent TAPs from Loading

10. Now you can load "safe" saved Settings ...
Zuletzt geändert von Sirius am Mi 4. Mai 2016, 22:25, insgesamt 4-mal geändert.

SRP-2100(TMS) seit 12.12.2009 ... Firmware: 08.Apr.2014 (1.16.00) | WD20EURS | Harmony ONE
XStartTAP_TMS ==> TimerDiags | AcadeRC | TMSRemote | QuickPlay | FastSkip | TMSCommander | SmartEPG | SmartFiler | TMSDisplay | CallMonitor | RSSRP

coste@irit.fr
Neuling
Neuling

Beitrag von coste@irit.fr » Do 5. Mai 2016, 11:00

Hello Sirius

Thank you for your answer.
I tried also the file http://tap.topfield-europe.com/firebird ... ttings.tfd, but it didn't work better : After CHECK the display shows LOADING, and not a count down followed by END. The behaviour is the same, whatever the update.tfd file I put on the USB stick (setting or firmware).
It seems my SRP2401 doesn't recognize the file on the stick. But :
- the led on the stick blinks (same as when it is read on my PC)
- the stick is the one I used when I transfered successfully settings from and to my SRP (when it was still working).
- I tried three different sticks

I compared the two files TMSFlashSettings.tfd and update.tfd (from Empty_Settings.zip) : effectively they are completely different (apart from the length). update contains essentially zeros, while TMSFlahSettings has many data.
As my receiver is a SRP and not a TMS I searched for a reference to TMS in TMSFlahSettings, but couldn't find any.

I wonder why my SRP refuses to load the update file. Is it because
- I have not the good settings file ?
- The SRP cannot access a file on the stick ?

As far as I understand you succeeded with TMSFlashSettings.tfd and a SRP2100 (which should be close to the SRP2401 ?).
If somebody owning a SRP2401 could confirm he got a count down on the display when loading a update.tfd file, I should at least be sure that the "LOADING" that appears instead on my display attests my update.tfd file is not loaded.
The ideal would be a document describing the different phases of the bootstrap process, with the corresponding messages on the display. But I suppose Topfield is far from publishing such things...

Ricki
ToppiHolic
ToppiHolic
Receivertyp: 2xSky Q
MagentaTV MR601
2xUltimo4K DVB-S2x FBC
Receiverfirmware: Alle aktuell

Beitrag von Ricki » Do 5. Mai 2016, 11:54

<EMAIL email= hat geschrieben:coste@irit.fr">[quote="coste@irit.fr"]
The ideal would be a document describing the different phases of the bootstrap process, with the corresponding messages on the display. But I suppose Topfield is far from publishing such things...

you are right, all those workarounds and support here is done by private people. So do not expect anything from Topfield :cool: . However, Sirius actullay described the process quite in detail. The most important point is really to make sure that after pressing Power to immediately press the "0" and hold "0" for quite some seconds on the RemoteControl.
Also, even if one stick worked once, try other sticks than the ones you have used.
The procedure and the update files should be the same for the 2100 and the 24xx series.
Good luck.
cu
Ricki

SmartEPGvu+ & SmartFilervu+ Wiki

SAT Anlage - Kathrein: CAS 75 mit UAS 584 LNB & EXR 1512 (Multischalter 5 auf 12), Astra 19.2°E

VU+ ULTIMO 4K DVB-S2x FBC+Samsung SSD870 QVO , 2 TB
VU+ ULTIMO 4K DVB-S2x FBC+Kingston SSDSUV400S, 480 GB
Skin: Vu_HD_1080P mit angepassten Skinparts - VTi 15.0.02
Plugins: smartEPGvu+ , Multi QuickButton, OpenWebif, AutocutVfd, GithubPluginUpdater, InfoBarTunerState, VTi Panel

Panasonic TX-55GZW1509; Sony UBP-X700, Apple TV 4K, Fire TV 4K, Harmony Elite, Denon AVR-X2300W, Synology 716+ (6TB)

term
Benutzer
Benutzer
Receivertyp: SRP-2401 CI+ 500GB
Receiverfirmware: 22120_20150325_v1.14.00

Beitrag von term » Do 5. Mai 2016, 22:27

You might try to do the following FW update :[ url=http://www.topfield-europe.com/de/10_do ... p#download]
http://www.topfield-europe.com/de/10_do ... p#download[/url]
It was an Update with a special 2-stage procedure via USB-stick & update.tfd, as the new FW required a different settings layout.

Twilight

Beitrag von Twilight » Fr 6. Mai 2016, 06:16

the problem is not the firmware or the firmwareupdate...it doesn't work that's the problem ;)

twilight

term
Benutzer
Benutzer

Beitrag von term » Fr 6. Mai 2016, 12:37

I know. Purpose was not to do a FW update.
Question was if the update.tfd is not the right one, or if there is an access problem.
I think it's worth to give a try with this "official" update.tfd file.

coste@irit.fr
Neuling
Neuling

Beitrag von coste@irit.fr » Fr 6. Mai 2016, 17:46

Hello everybody
Thanks for your answers.

@term : your reference was useful ; the upate.tfd it contains is exactly the same as the update.tfd (not TMSFlashSettings) I previously tried (16 bytes of data, then only zeros), but the LIESMICH.txt helped me. Now I am sure that :
- the update.tfd is the right one for my SRP2401
- the SRP2401, as other receivers, displays a countdown instead of LOADING after CHECK if update.tfd is recognized
Sadly, but not surprisingly, it still didn't work for me. At least the problem is now limited to the detection of the update file. I progress...

As a last attempt I will buy a fourth USB stick, but I have not much hope in that direction.

But it reminds me something about the history of my receiver. The SRP initially sold to me had the ID 22130, but didn't work correctly with the viaccess module and Fransat card (for french "TNT par satellite") : every 30mn the image was frozen (message "communication error between the receiver and the module") and I had to restart he SRP. The dealer told me it was a mistake, as he normally sold the ID 22120 which worked fine, and changed the motherboard for a 22120 one. Then the SRP worked almost correctly for many month (some freeze from time to time, but much less frequent), until I encoutered the famous power outage ... (in paticular I used frequently the USB ports to upload and download settings and FW updates).

The "L22120" displayed at bootstrap seems to confirm the dealer did correctly the job, but I wonder if the replacement of the motherboard while the hard drive was (probably) not reinitialised could have something to do with my problem. A priori not, as :
- the update.tfd file for the 22130 is exactly the same as the one for the 22120
- the SRP should work without hard drive ? (not sure...)
I even tried to boot with the hard drive disconnected : same behaviour, update.tfd ignored.
The reference printed on the motherboard is "SRP-2400 Rev 1.6 P000-1RM24-416-0". No reference to 22120 or 22130. if some Topfield guru reads this...
Zuletzt geändert von coste@irit.fr am Fr 6. Mai 2016, 17:53, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.

Twilight

Beitrag von Twilight » Fr 6. Mai 2016, 18:30

don't make a doctor work...your problem is the usb stick, nothing more....

twilight

term
Benutzer
Benutzer

Beitrag von term » Fr 6. Mai 2016, 20:12

Just for info:
My SPR2401 22120 has the same label "SRP-2400 Rev 1.6 P000-1RM24-416-0"
So I think wrong MB is not the problem.

As Twilight alredy mentioned, the problem is most likely related to USB stick.
- Did you try with FAT16 format?
- Is the update.tfd file in the root dir of the stick?
- Did you check the filename is lowercase letters?
- Did you check it is the only file / no other dir on the stick?

Other question:
Do you start the SRP by pressing the Ring-Up key on SRP, to force USB emergency procedure check?
Even without any USB stick connected, you should see the "CHECK" notification for several seconds.
Zuletzt geändert von term am Fr 6. Mai 2016, 20:22, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

coste@irit.fr
Neuling
Neuling

Beitrag von coste@irit.fr » Sa 7. Mai 2016, 10:47

Hello

@term
for the USB stick, yes to all the questions : stick just formatted (tried fat32 and fat16), update.tfd (lower case letters) copied from PC, nothing else copied, no directory created, removed safely (via the "remove mass storage peripheral..." of the PC), inserted in the SRP (3 slots tried). And, as I said, 3 different sticks tried.

for booting the SRP : I tried also different ways, from cold start (via the power button on the back side), from warm start (standby, with the power button on front side, also with the ring up-key, with the enter key, ..., also with the "0" key of the remote, ...). I hold the button down during all the process, but also tried to release it more quickly. Every time I get the same behaviour : after a very short "L22120" the receiver displays "CHECK" for some seconds, the led lights on the stick (so it is reading the stick), but after that it displays "LOADING", and not a countdown.
Surely my update.tfd file on the stick is not recognized, but I wonder why ..
I just ordered still another stick (different manufacturer, size), I will have a last try, and tell you.

@Twilight : saw my age, I no longer play the doctor for a long time :) , but I agree with you : the most obvious culprit is the stick. Simply put, when nothing works, we have to try something else !

Have a nice weekend
Alain
Zuletzt geändert von coste@irit.fr am Sa 7. Mai 2016, 10:52, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Frummsel
Benutzer
Benutzer
Receivertyp: TF SRP-2401CI+ 1TB-HD
Receiverfirmware: 22120-2013Feb1

Beitrag von Frummsel » Mi 11. Mai 2016, 17:24

Hello,

be sure to use an USB 2.0 Stick or even USB 1.1 and not more than 2 GB - USB 3 won't work anyway!

Frummsel
Zuletzt geändert von Frummsel am Mi 11. Mai 2016, 17:36, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
TF SRP2401CI+ - ohne SmartCard; FW: 22120-2013Feb1; TAPS: Automove; FastSkip; SmartEPG; SmartFiler; Tap2Date; TimerDiags

TV: Panasonic TX-P50VT50E; BluRay: Oppo BD103eu;
AV-Receiver: Marantz AVR5007

Antworten

Zurück zu „SRP: Computer, Software, Internet“