Vanishing Padding

keith_leitch
Erfahrener Benutzer
Erfahrener Benutzer

Re: Vanishing Padding

Beitrag von keith_leitch » Sa 16. Mär 2019, 13:01

Good advice. I have had no luck. Used SmartEPG_Restore from 7 days ago, then restored these files from the Backup folder, then restored one that I had from December. Ran a search after each. All continue to record every program old and new. Am I missing anything?

Twilight
Zauberküchencheflehrling mit extra Butter
Zauberküchencheflehrling mit extra Butter
Receivertyp: 1 x SRP 2100(TMS) TFIR und .1 x SRP 2410 M

Beitrag von Twilight » Sa 16. Mär 2019, 13:20

maybe try t odo in manually.
load the backup files to a pc unzip them und take the three file*.db and upload them to the settings folder from SmartEPG (stop the tap before)
then start it again and start a search.

twilight

keith_leitch
Erfahrener Benutzer
Erfahrener Benutzer

Beitrag von keith_leitch » Sa 16. Mär 2019, 13:40

Good idea. Tomorrow, though. It's late here.

I fear that this is a problem I didn't notice in time. Probably none of the backups have a show history in them. I wonder what I can do in the future to make sure I don't miss this?

keith_leitch
Erfahrener Benutzer
Erfahrener Benutzer

Re: AW: Vanishing Padding

Beitrag von keith_leitch » So 17. Mär 2019, 02:43

FireBird hat geschrieben:
Mi 14. Dez 2016, 21:23
  • Stop SE
  • Delete all “*.eventdb” files from the EPGDB folder.
  • Launch SE. SmartEPG will recreate all database files and afterwards the infobox scrolling should be working again.
My theory is this:
  • About two weeks ago, I followed FireBird's advice above to solve recurring problems that sometimes come up (Navigation through infobox and padding disappearing)
  • I am almost 100% sure I only deleted *.eventdb (not *.db).
  • For those two weeks, the timers that were still on the list continued normally, including the blocked ones.
  • However, any new timers were not blocked.
  • Because I only have a backup history for one week, it was too late by the time I noticed.
I happen to have a very old copy (Dec. 2016) of the *.db files. When I put them in place, one (but only one) timer was blocked. I assume this means it worked, but I hadn't recorded any of the other shows since then.

Four questions:
  1. Is it possible that deleting only *.eventdb files could have affected the recording history?
  2. If I keep very old *.db files in place, will it do any harm?
  3. Is there anywhere else I can search to find a more recent copy of the *.db files?
  4. Is there anything I can do in the future to make the number of backup days greater than the number of advance days that timers are created? EDIT: I guess I am asking if there is a way to keep more backups.
Zuletzt geändert von keith_leitch am So 17. Mär 2019, 20:21, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

keith_leitch
Erfahrener Benutzer
Erfahrener Benutzer

Re: AW: Vanishing Padding

Beitrag von keith_leitch » Di 26. Mär 2019, 23:23

keith_leitch hat geschrieben:
So 17. Mär 2019, 02:43
  1. Is it possible that deleting only *.eventdb files could have affected the recording history?
  2. If I keep very old *.db files in place, will it do any harm?
  3. Is there anywhere else I can search to find a more recent copy of the *.db files?
  4. Is there anything I can do in the future to make the number of backup days greater than the number of advance days that timers are created? EDIT: I guess I am asking if there is a way to keep more backups.
I think I've answered some of my own questions. I deleted my timers, backed up my *.eventdb files, then deleted them. After they were recreated, all of the timers reappeared including correctly blocked timers. So, deleting these files does not affect the recording history. I must have had corruption before. I also restored my *.db files from August, 2017 and there are no ill effects so far. Finally, I am running a script that keeps older copies of backups to a history of about three weeks. If there's a way to achieve this within SE's settings, I would appreciate any advice.

FireBird
Suspekter verdächtiger Zauberküchenchef, TAP & Firmware-Guru
Suspekter verdächtiger Zauberküchenchef, TAP & Firmware-Guru
Receivertyp: SRP-2401CI+ TFIR
vu+ Duo 4k

Beitrag von FireBird » Mi 27. Mär 2019, 19:52

If "Auto Backup" is set to yes (item 35), SE will create a .tgz file after the daily scan and put it into SmartEPG_TMS/Backup. It will keep the backups of the last 7 days and this time span can't be changed. But it should be easy to adapt your script.

Antworten

Zurück zu „SmartEPG TMS“