TF5010PVR and Astra 2D

International Topfield Café
Barnacle
Neuling
Neuling

TF5010PVR and Astra 2D

Beitrag von Barnacle » Di 19. Dez 2006, 20:58

Bear with me folks, I am new to all this satellite stuff..

I live in Switzerland and bought a modest FTA receiver, 80 cm dish and universal LNB to get English language channels, in particular BBC and ITV FTA broadcasts on Astra2 at 28.2E.

I then thought it would be useful to have some time-shifting so I bought a Topfield TF5010PVR receiver with 250 GB hard disk. After swapping out the original Technosat receiver for the new Topfield I did a service scan. However, I now find I am missing many of the channels that the Technosat had, for example, ITV 2 and 4, plus most of the film channels.

Thinking I could do a manual search for the missing channels I checked Lyngsat for the details of them on Astra 2D but found that I was unable to enter the frequencies given in the Topfield because I had to accept from a prepared list that incremented in blocks – for example, ITV 2 and ITV 4 are on TP 44 at 10758MHz vertically polarized but the nearest I had to choose was 10773MHz.

As everything is so new to me I am probably not utilizing the equipment properly, but can anyone point me in the right direction to regain the channels I could receive on my simple, cheap little Technosat receiver but now cannot on my expensive, highly sophisticated Topfield system.

Best regards.

leo99
Mein erster Beitrag
Mein erster Beitrag

AW: TF5010PVR and Astra 2D

Beitrag von leo99 » Di 19. Dez 2006, 22:38

Hi Barnacle,

I also live in Switzerland with a similar configuration to yours. The major difference is,
that I own a TPF5000CI. Your receiver should be smarter and the advise I got from Topfield Support should be valid for you too:

I was also missig the same stations. I was able, though, to enter the missing data
(frequency, FEC, polarisation, symbol rate) and do a manual search for each of the
missing transponders. As far I as noticed, all the missing stations are now present.
So far, so good. But I wanted to be certain to keep those stations in case of a receiver
breakdown and called support. They told me, that I coud have done a Network Search.
right from the beginning. It would have taken quite a while, but due to some interconnection of the transponders, I would probably have found all the missing stations.

Unfortunately he was just a tiny bit vague as to whether I would have gotten 100 percent
of the stations but I thought you might try it.

If you are a computer freak you can then download your configuration to it (manipulate it if needed) and reload it. This way you can save your configuration. There are quite a few helpful people in this forum. One has even written a program to do this.
If you are interested, I can direct you to the proper part of the forum. The name of the program ist "TopSET".

Godd Luck!
Leo99

Bonni
Guru in perpetuum
Guru in perpetuum
Receivertyp: TF5000 / TF5000CI / SRP-2401 CI+ eco
Receiverfirmware: 03.01.2007PH / ? / TF-BPCE 1.03.00

Beitrag von Bonni » Di 19. Dez 2006, 22:53

If you speak German as well, you can read here something about the backgrounds of Network Search.
Gruß Bonni

90cm-Schüssel + 2 Quattro LNB + TELEKA SAM 2294N Multiswitch 9:4 (seit 08/1998!)
TF5000PVR (seit 09/2003) mit USB Accelerator, ImproBox, PowerRestore, iTiNa - läuft wie am ersten Tag!
TF5000CI (seit 06/2005)
SRP-2401 CI+ Eco (10/2017-06/2020) mit SmartEPG_TMS, TAPtoDate, WebControl, etc.
VU+ Ultimo 4k (seit 05/2020) mit SmartEPGvu+ und AutoTimer

Klaus
Super-Duper-CableGuy &
Suchfunktions-Azubi
Super-Duper-CableGuy &<br>Suchfunktions-Azubi
Receivertyp: 5200 PVRc
Receiverfirmware: 12/2006
manual search

Beitrag von Klaus » Mi 20. Dez 2006, 00:07

[quote=""Barnacle""]I was unable to enter the frequencies given in the Topfield because I had to accept from a prepared list that incremented in blocks – for example, ITV 2 and ITV 4 are on TP 44 at 10758MHz vertically polarized but the nearest I had to choose was 10773MHz.[/quote]
Have you tried typing in the digits one by one with the number keys on your remote control? On my Topfield this works fine. I am not familiar with the TF5010PVR but I would be surprised if this doesn't work the same way.
Kabelbetreiber: KDG (Ausbaugebiet Berlin - 862 MHz)
Abos: Premiere Komplett und KDG Home
TAPs: Improbox, PIP, Jag's EPG
My Wishlist: Ein PVR mit 4 Tuner & Multidecrypt

Barnacle
Neuling
Neuling

Beitrag von Barnacle » Mi 20. Dez 2006, 10:35

[quote=""leo99""]They told me, that I coud have done a Network Search.
right from the beginning. [/quote]

Thanks for that, Leo99, it did the trick. I now have all missing channels (plus others that I didn't have on my original receiver), except for ITV 4. I shall try a separate search for that later when I have a little more time.

This is really a great forum, to get such help so quickly - thanks again.

Best, B.

Barnacle
Neuling
Neuling

Beitrag von Barnacle » Mi 20. Dez 2006, 10:41

[quote=""Bonni""]If you speak German as well, you can read here something about the backgrounds of Network Search.[/quote]
Thanks for the link Bonni, I'm learning fast.

Yes, I do have conversational German but my written version makes my Austrian wife smile so I didn't want to be a bad joke here by advertising my grammatical mistakes.

Best, B.

Barnacle
Neuling
Neuling

AW: manual search

Beitrag von Barnacle » Mi 20. Dez 2006, 10:47

[quote=""Klaus""]Have you tried typing in the digits one by one with the number keys on your remote control? On my Topfield this works fine. I am not familiar with the TF5010PVR but I would be surprised if this doesn't work the same way.[/quote]
Klaus, of course you are right - duh :patsch: .

I had made the mistake of pressing the "OK" sign next to the "Frequency" input and thereby getting the list of pre-found frequencies, thinking that was all that I could choose. By not pressing "OK" I could indeed dial the exact frequency required with the remote number keys.

Thanks for your help.

Best, B.

Antworten

Zurück zu „worldwide Topfield Café“