TF7700 HD format

Have you found a bug in your Topfield receiver? Post it here.
Jasper
Neuling
Neuling

TF7700 HD format

Beitrag von Jasper » Fr 21. Sep 2012, 18:47

I have been trying to copy/back-up files from my TF7700. The USB connection is very slow so I removed the HD and tried to connect it to my Intel iMac. Mac's Disk Utility was able to 'see' the drive but not to mount it. It did however suggest that the drive uses a Linux format. I tried a couple of Linux-related methods to get my Mac to mount the drive but these failed. So Topfield probably don't use a regular Linux format(?). Has anyone managed to connect a TF7700's HD to a Mac or even a Windows machine (I can run Windows XP)? All ideas welcome!

hgdo
BoardSprenger
BoardSprenger

AW: TF7700 HD format

Beitrag von hgdo » Fr 21. Sep 2012, 19:23

I used Ext2Fsd with windows and had no problems to copy the files.

Jasper
Neuling
Neuling

Beitrag von Jasper » Sa 22. Sep 2012, 14:31

Thanks. This would seem to confirm that the Toppy uses a Linux format. I had tried and failed with fuse-ext2 on my Mac. Have now found an Ext2FS package for the Mac <http://sourceforge.net/projects/ext2fuse/>. I'll instal and try again. If that fails will try the Windows package that you suggest.

Jasper
Neuling
Neuling

Beitrag von Jasper » Mi 26. Sep 2012, 17:02

Have now tried the free MacFUSE with fuse-ext2 and ExtFSManager (both at SourceForge) and the commercial ExtFS for Mac (Paragon Software). None mounted the drive. I then tried several data recovery products, one Disk Drill (Cleverfiles) was able to find the data files and copy them to my Mac. Finally I followed the suggestion to use Ext2Fsd and installed it on my Parallels virtual machine running Windows XP. After rebooting XP I was able to access the Toppy hard drive. Not an ideal solution but one that appears to work.

Antworten

Zurück zu „Topfield Bugs“