TF7700HDPVR Q&A in English

Über die HDTV PVRs 7700HDPVR/7750HDPVR
pierlu1
Neuling
Neuling

AW: TF7700HDPVR Q&A in English

Beitrag von pierlu1 » Di 12. Aug 2008, 11:12

Hello, i am a new owner of topfield 7700 pvr. My problem is this. I have a motorized system with a 150 cm gibertini dish and an actuator motor osf 24 inch. I woul like to connect my dish to topfield by lnb cable with diseq 1.2 using a positioner superjack, but on osd i can't find the voice diseq 1.2 + motor, voice present on other topfield models. In fact I have only diseq 1.0, 1.1 and usals 1.3. On the caracteristics of 7700 I've read that it's compatible with diseq 1.2
Can you help me pls ?
Many tks in advance
Greetings from Pierluigi - Italy

Top4
Benutzer
Benutzer

Beitrag von Top4 » Di 12. Aug 2008, 23:29

OddErik: Not much packet loss, so the reception seems not to be the problem.
I do not have "Discovery" on that frequence, but "Discovery (N)". I made a background timer recording for one hour (descrambled recording). Jumped around, rewind and so on, no problem.

Which type of Conax CAM do you have?
Your smartcard from Canal Digital, do you know if it is of the type that support Media Highway (the normal card)?
Mine does not support Media Highway.

DaDag
Vielfrager
Vielfrager

Beitrag von DaDag » Di 12. Aug 2008, 23:42

Good morning,
When the TF7700 record 2 programmes at the same time, during recordings, it is only possible to visualize the last started. The TF6000 can switch from one to another and it is possible to see an third on one of 2 transponders already activ.

OddErik
Vielfrager
Vielfrager

Beitrag von OddErik » Mi 13. Aug 2008, 20:58

Top4: The CAM is the same type as pictured here: http://www.boxsat.com/conax-cam.html
Seems like Canal Digital use MediaHighway, but I have never given it a second thought. My first PVR was a Nokia 9902 which had some form of middleware, maybe MediaHighway. That box was a piece of junk, it was a relief to get the TF4000.

DaDag: You are right, had not noticed this before. Another item to add to a substantial buglist.
I can visualize the last started and other channels on the same transponder.

There are also several other situations when the message "Service is not running or scrambled" appears. Must switch cannels to get going again.

Top4
Benutzer
Benutzer

Beitrag von Top4 » Do 14. Aug 2008, 23:17

Regarding two recordings problem. It's no problem if the two recordings are on the same tuner, i.e. it is possible to watch channels on both the tuners. Yes, one more major bug.
One more problem is that it is impossible to watch any of the ongoing recordings.

OddErik: When you get problem and the "Service is not running or scrambled" appears. If you check the information for the CAM. Do you see "Conax 4.00e" or some other text?

PS. The TF4000PVR is still one of the absolute best boxes, still going strong. However with some limitations.
Zuletzt geändert von Top4 am Do 14. Aug 2008, 23:20, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

OddErik
Vielfrager
Vielfrager

Beitrag von OddErik » So 17. Aug 2008, 13:16

Here is a list of other problems with the 7700:

1): Not possible to start recording when in timeshift modus.
2): Not possible to rewind an ongoing recording if you have switched channel. You have to wait until the reording is finished before playback can start.
3): When a timer recording starts while playing back a recording, you are just thrown out of the playback. Not even a bookmark.
4): Remote control is insensitive and slow, and commands are buffered. Unwanted things can happen if you think the TF did not respond.
5): Obscure bug triggered by a corrupt recording. Live picture on a scrambled channel will freeze after ~20 seconds. This repeats every time channel is changed. Must turn off power to reset. (recording provided by Top4).

These problems did not exist on the 5500. Wonder what happened at Topfield, did they loose all the good designers?

Minor problems:
5): Cannot delete the file you are playing back, has to stop playback first.
6): OSD for recording stays on the screen far too long.

Have received one reply from Topfield Europe (through me dealer) regarding 1):
"it’s not possible to record the time shift buffer yet. It depends on the Chipset if this feature can be inserted. So it’s no bug."
If they have chosen a chipset that cannot do it, it will never happen. Wonder way have they chosen a chipset that is less capable than the 5500. Don't they design their own chipsets?

Good things:
a): It is pretty stable. I have only had one lock-up for the 10 weeks I have had it.
b): Was pleasantly surprised when I was timeshifting a timer recording. When the recording turned itself off, the playback continued almost uninterrupted.
Maybe this was part of the last upgrade, seem to remember that I tried this before and then I was just thrown out of the playback.
Zuletzt geändert von OddErik am Di 19. Aug 2008, 20:38, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Top4
Benutzer
Benutzer

Beitrag von Top4 » So 17. Aug 2008, 15:08

OddErik: Regarding b) Was it a scrambled channel?
For me I got a freeze picture and faster playing. Needed to stop and restart, to continue watching. The recording get Green, so it seems like it descrambled all.
Yes, the old fw just stopped the playback.

OddErik
Vielfrager
Vielfrager

Beitrag von OddErik » So 17. Aug 2008, 16:10

No, it was BBC World. Have not tested further. But the previous experience I referred to was with the same channel.

Edit: I tried the same with Discovery. TF tried, but failed with a black screen. However, there was a bookmark so I could manually continue. Good enogh for me.
Zuletzt geändert von OddErik am So 17. Aug 2008, 22:17, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

DaDag
Vielfrager
Vielfrager

Beitrag von DaDag » So 17. Aug 2008, 18:33

Why Topfield 77x0HDPVR doesnt record all PID related to the current channel ?
Viewing in drect all subtitles (DVB or EIT) are show but not recorded (eg BBC channels)
This thing is also available for ECM, many are ignored, particulary for encrypted record who cant no more decrypted when reading. Some CAS can have chained ECM (Mediaguard essentially) only the first is recorded.
This occur for all Topfield PVR, and not for other PVR receiver, why ???
The extra informations need so more few space in recording why not record it (some beta firmware do it, why not normal release)

Top4
Benutzer
Benutzer

Beitrag von Top4 » Di 19. Aug 2008, 23:47

Here is my list of problems...

1 EPG Thor
There is no EPG data for the channels from Canal Digital on Thor, for us in the Nordic countries. Please implement the same functionality that is available in TF4000PVRCoCI. With one additional function. Let it be possible to select which transponders that the EPG should be downloaded from (I think the TF4000PVRCoCI download from all transponders).
2 Multiple file unscrambling
Unscrambling of several files don't work at all.
- Open the file list
- Select multiple files with the red button. The files get a number indicator.
- Press the rec button. Nothing happened!
3 Multiple file move
Move multiple files don't work. Instead the file in focus is moved.
- Open the file list
- Press yellow button (move)
- Select a sub folder
4 Multiple file copy to USB
Copy several files to USB don't work. Instead the file in focus is copied.
- Open the file list
- Press yellow button (move)
- Select "USB Storage (External)"
5 Multiple file copy
Copy several recordings will play all, but only the first one will be copied.
- Open archive list
- Select several files with the red button
- Press play button
- Press the rec button
6 Copy to USB
If a file is copied (move) to USB. The on screen keyboard appears, which it should not.
- Open file list
- Go to a file with the arrow keys
- Press the yellow button
- Select "USB Storage (External)"
7 No date on USB files
Files copied to an USB device doesn't get date and time.
8 Archive list date
In the archive list the time showed are the end time. It should be the start time and date.
9 Cannot delete this file in Playing
It's not possible to delete the file that is currently watching. A dialog "Cannot delete this file in Playing" wills popup. Please, make this possible (as in older Topfield boxes).
10 Slow
In general the box are really slow to execute the commands from the user (remote control). In some situation very slow, like: The archive list and especially the Organizing Services window.
One irritating thing is that while moving around channels, the box will show video and audio. Please, make it possible to switch off this. Extra irritating since it sometimes will result in a change of output video mode (576, 720, 1080).
11 Yellow jump
While playing a recording it is possible to jump a part (30 sec) with the yellow button, if no bookmarks are set. However it is not possible to do this several times quickly after each other. After each press a delay must be done, or else the box does not respond.
12 New group not in focus
In the archive list if a new group is created it might not be visible, since the list is not scrolled. This if the top of the list are not showed, many items and focus in the bottom.
13 Can not watch first recording while two in progress
If two recording are in progress only one of them can be watched live.
- Watch channel 1
- Start recording (rec button)
- Change to channel 2
- Change to channel 1, result in no picture or sound
No problem if two recordings are made from the same tuner. It is possible to watch all channels on the other tuner. It is also possible to watch the available channels on the tuner that do the recordings.
14 4:3 format
In firmware 7.00.24 handling of 4:3 format was changed. It's now impossible to get out 4:3 format in right format and with correct signal of the format to the TV. However the type of format handling that was introduced in 7.00.24, I think, should also be possible to have. 4:3 format can be handled in many different ways together with different output format. Here only the output of 576 signal is explained.
TV Aspect Ratio = 16:9, Display Format = Full, Video Format = Auto1/576i
With these settings the picture should never be scaled. Both 4:3 and 16:9 SD material should be output as it comes, i.e. full picture. It should also be a signal to the TV that define if the picture is 4:3 or 16:9 format, i.e. it is the TV that give the right width ratio. In earlier firmware's this was possible to get with setting 16:9-Center-Auto1/576i.
TV Aspect Ratio = 16:9, Display Format = Center, Video Format = Auto1/576i
With these settings the 7.00.24 firmware behaviour is good, keep it.
15 4:3 - 16:9 switch
The auto switching between 4:3 and 16:9 does not work during time-shift, playback from HDD and playback from USB. This when the format (4:3 or 16:9) is changing dynamically in the stream.
16 Playback stopped while rec end
While watching an on-going recording time-shifted. The playback stopped (freeze) at the moment when the recording is ended. The recording get Green, so it have been unscrambled.
17 Cannot watch rec from start
If two recordings are in progress, it is not possible to watch one of them from start.
- Watch channel 1
- Change to channel 2
- Wait several minutes
- Press << (rewind) button
The notice dialog "Cannot play on the scrambled service after channel change" popup.
18 Black recording - Blue
The archive list in the Toppy indicate a not unscrambling recording, i.e. blue symbol.
The strange thing is that the transport_scrambling_control in the TS packets indicate not scrambled. However the video and audio PES packets are not starting with the correct packet_start_code_prefix (0x000001). It seems like the payload have not been unscrambled or incorrectly unscrambled.
I write a program that sets the transport_scrambling_control bits in the video and audio TS packets. To try to get the stream to be unscrambled. It did not help.
I have now discovered that sometimes when I switch on the box. The picture will freeze after approx. 10 seconds (and no sound). It can stand so for long time, forever I think. If I at this moment make a recording. I can see that the file gets the same as at faulty recording.
So the two faults belongs to each other.
19 Black recording - Geen
I have got several recordings that are marked with a green $ sign, but it not possible to watch them. I have deleted all but one of them. However it is not possible to copy that file to USB, for further investigation.
20 Strange scrambling state
I have got a recording that put the box in a state there it is not possible to watch more than 12-20 seconds. After channel change the video and audio work for 10-20 seconds, when the "Service is not running or scrambled" info popup. The recording is not correctly recorded. It should be approximate 295 MB, but it is 95 MB. It's stop after 31 % playing, since there is no more in the file. It has been unscrambled during recording.
- Put the files for the recording "Kaena The Prophecy" on an USB device
- Insert the USB device in the box
- Select a live channel that is scrambled
- Play the recording from the USB device
- Wait until the playback is finished
- The live channel will appear for 12-20 seconds and when froze
- Change channel, picture/sound for 12-20 seconds and when no more
- and so on

Edit: Changed my list to the one that I have reported to Topfield.
Zuletzt geändert von Top4 am Mo 25. Aug 2008, 20:43, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

DaDag
Vielfrager
Vielfrager

Beitrag von DaDag » Do 28. Aug 2008, 02:09

Hi,
Thanks to Top4 for his hard work.
You can add that for the new MediaHighWay EPG function, it work only for UPC Direct, tested for all Provider who have MHW EPG without luck, except this one. The Topfield is crashing or freezing while receiving EPG.
I have tested the same on PC with DVBViewer Pro all are working.

LukeWorm
Neuling
Neuling
Receivertyp: TF 7700HDPVR
Receiverfirmware: 7.00.24

Beitrag von LukeWorm » Do 4. Sep 2008, 23:47

Hi, I'm also a new owner of TF7700HDPVR. Today a problem appeared: when playing back a recording the sound is choppy, i.e. 1-3 second breaks every 1-5 seconds. VERY annoying! What could be the reason?
The recording was from a pay channel (France 2) and in the list it showed with a blue+green dollar sign (half descrambled). CAM is Powercam HD 2.0. TF is connected to TV via HDMI, but sound is to AV system via optical.
Luke Worm
TF7700HDPVR 7.00.24 ; Philips 42PFL9703H/10

DaDag
Vielfrager
Vielfrager

Beitrag von DaDag » Sa 6. Sep 2008, 05:18

France 2 SD or France 2 HD ??

LukeWorm
Neuling
Neuling

Beitrag von LukeWorm » Mo 8. Sep 2008, 13:45

SD.

Same problem with other SD channels, like M6

Just to check, I tried also using the component cable for picture and sound (not using the AV system). => same problem, sound is choppy and picture also.
Zuletzt geändert von LukeWorm am Mo 8. Sep 2008, 13:59, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Luke Worm

freezz10
Neuling
Neuling

Beitrag von freezz10 » Mo 8. Sep 2008, 19:49

Hi guys,

I am trying to get the network function to work in my PVR with no luck. When i try the auto setting it says failled to find server and when i enter the network setting manualy it does not dettect my home network can you help please?

LukeWorm
Neuling
Neuling

Beitrag von LukeWorm » Mo 8. Sep 2008, 23:09

You need to describe a bit more what your setup is. I connected my box with ethernet cable directly to Netgear router/modem (which serves as my DHCP host). Topfield had no problem getting an address. Then you need to check that your server has appropriate firewall settings.
Luke Worm

freezz10
Neuling
Neuling

Beitrag von freezz10 » Mo 8. Sep 2008, 23:20

[quote="LukeWorm"]You need to describe a bit more what your setup is. I connected my box with ethernet cable directly to Netgear router/modem (which serves as my DHCP host). Topfield had no problem getting an address. Then you need to check that your server has appropriate firewall settings.[/quote]

I have a wired home network with ethernet jacks in every room, my router sits far away from my PVR and i am connecting my PVR via an ethernet cable. i am note sure if this information is suffeciant so please let me know if you need more info about my network

DaDag
Vielfrager
Vielfrager

Beitrag von DaDag » Di 9. Sep 2008, 02:44

[quote="LukeWorm"]SD.

Same problem with other SD channels, like M6

Just to check, I tried also using the component cable for picture and sound (not using the AV system). => same problem, sound is choppy and picture also.[/quote]

Try to setup PCM, I have similar problem (sort of oscillation) when I use Bitstream, via HDMI or SPIF optical. Other, I need to reduce output volume from my 7710 (10%) then increase the level from my receiver A/V to obtain correct audio.
It seem that the digital audio output have incorrect default level in 7700 series, my 6000 doesnt have this problem and his digital audio level is constant and only adjusted by the external amplifier TV or A/V receiver.

LukeWorm
Neuling
Neuling

Beitrag von LukeWorm » Di 9. Sep 2008, 19:46

[quote="DaDag"]Try to setup PCM, I have similar problem (sort of oscillation) when I use Bitstream, via HDMI or SPIF optical. Other, I need to reduce output volume from my 7710 (10%) then increase the level from my receiver A/V to obtain correct audio.
It seem that the digital audio output have incorrect default level in 7700 series, my 6000 doesnt have this problem and his digital audio level is constant and only adjusted by the external amplifier TV or A/V receiver.[/quote]

Thanks, but I do have PCM setup already. Note also that I tested with component cable for both video and audio to the TV set (no A/V system involved). Same problem.

I have written about this problem to the technical support of Powercam.tv
Maybe it's related to this CAM not decoding properly.
Luke Worm

Top4
Benutzer
Benutzer

Beitrag von Top4 » Di 9. Sep 2008, 23:18

Unfortunately these bugs are still valid (for 7.00.24):

21 Sound dropouts
On one channel the sound makes small/short breaks, part of a second. I can see that the signal disappear for the applifier. This occur maybe twenty times in one hour. Sometimes several minutes between, but some times 3 times within one minute. It only occur on the channel "SVT HD" (Thor), a HD 720p channel with dolby digital (AC-3) 5.1 sound. The normal stereo sound is ok. One funny thing is that if I record the event and watch it (playback), no dropouts.

22 Blurred video
When I use timeshift or play from USB, the picture is sometimes disturbed/blurred/fuzzy. It's not all time, it comes and goes during time. During one hour it can change between good and bad, zero to maybe five times. It always have, partly, been bad during timeshift. Have not used timeshift so much. I don't think I have seen this picture fault during live or playback a recording from HDD.
Let me try to describe how it look like. It's easy to see if there are subtitles burned into the video. Put it is also easy to see on some channel logos. It's like every second line have moved down (or up) two steps. This will make the details in the picture blurred and higher, only vertical (not horizontal). It can also be describe that the picture have a second (spoke) picture, dislocated a little bit verticaly.
I'm running over HDMI, but have also tested composite.
Note: the OSD (info boxes and so on) does not have this problem. So it can't be my TV.

Antworten

Zurück zu „TF77x0HDPVR“