Suspekter verdächtiger Zauberküchenchef, TAP & Firmware-Guru
Suspekter verdächtiger Zauberküchenchef, TAP & Firmware-Guru
Receivertyp: SRP-2401CI+ TFIR
vu+ Duo 4k

Re: Topfield CRC-1410 Lost recordings

Beitrag von FireBird » So 2. Jan 2022, 23:02

keith_leitch hat geschrieben:
So 2. Jan 2022, 22:39
I think one has to first run a Telnet server as a TAP, which seems to be impossible here.
Yepp, that's correct.

DeltaMikeCharlie
WebController
WebController

Beitrag von DeltaMikeCharlie » So 2. Jan 2022, 23:43

Anie hat geschrieben:
So 2. Jan 2022, 21:49
I suppose if he opens the box and runs FTTools, I can copy the files on my own.
TFtool is a program that only runs on MS Windows.
The HDD needs to be removed from the PVR and installed into the Windows PC chassis (or external caddy).
When TFtool is run, it will be able to access the PVR's HDD and attempt repair/data recovery.
Zuletzt geändert von DeltaMikeCharlie am So 2. Jan 2022, 23:53, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

DeltaMikeCharlie
WebController
WebController

Beitrag von DeltaMikeCharlie » So 2. Jan 2022, 23:52

Anie hat geschrieben:
So 2. Jan 2022, 22:20
DeltaMikeCharlie hat geschrieben:
So 2. Jan 2022, 21:24
1) The drive uses a Linux format called JFS.
2) MS Windows can not read the drive. This is normal, not a problem.
3) DO NOT FORMAT the drive just because MS Windows can't read it.
4) If they are using a MS Windows PC, they can try a tool like TFtool or 'System Rescue CD' to read the data from the PVR drive and save it to another drive.
Just to be sure (although I don't wish to complicate things more), since you say "if they are using MS Windows PC..."
Is there another kind that is also possible or better?
Maybe they could be using an Apple Mac. Mac OS X is based on a Unix kernel but, as far as I know, can not read JFS drives either.
To clarify, TFtool needs MS Windows to work.

DeltaMikeCharlie
WebController
WebController

Beitrag von DeltaMikeCharlie » Mo 3. Jan 2022, 00:54

Anie hat geschrieben:
So 2. Jan 2022, 21:49
I suppose if he opens the box
From the photograph of the packaging that we found, the PVR seems to have a removable HDD slot at the back. If this is true, then 'opening the box' will be unnecessary. There should be a few screws on the back that will release the HDD.

Unfortunately, the manual that we found online makes no mention of this feature. If there is no removable HDD tray at the back, then the box will have to be opened. Like all appliances, there is deadly voltage inside the box and all electrical safety precautions should be taken before proceeding.

Anie
Vielfrager
Vielfrager

Beitrag von Anie » Mo 3. Jan 2022, 10:43

@keith_leitch
I totally get your question about if this is all worth it. I hope it is because I've already taken so much of your time (all of you), so I feel I shouldn't quit now. I know you wouldn't have needed to spend as many days pondering about it, but I feel good about trying and learning something new even if I can't get the files back. So, there's that. Sorry for being sentimental and deep about it 😊.

Apologies, I didn't realize I needed to answer about the HDD size. The space reserved for recording is 463.7 GB and luckily I already have an empty external hard drive of size 500 GB.

@ DeltaMikeCharlie
Thanks for making me take a better look at the back of the Toppy, and you must be right.
Here's a picture of it: https://imgur.com/a/BBmaYIv
It says 2.5 inch SATA HDD, so I guess that's good news. Only one screw to undo.

Now, does it have to be a caddy or chassis? I linked this image of a cable on the oztoppy forum:
https://imgur.com/a/3UY31vY
I don't have that yet but an electronics store said it's a substitute. But if you say it's not, I believe you and find a caddy instead.

DeltaMikeCharlie
WebController
WebController

Beitrag von DeltaMikeCharlie » Mo 3. Jan 2022, 20:47

Anie hat geschrieben:
Mo 3. Jan 2022, 10:43
Now, does it have to be a caddy or chassis? I linked this image of a cable on the oztoppy forum:
https://imgur.com/a/3UY31vY
I don't have that yet but an electronics store said it's a substitute. But if you say it's not, I believe you and find a caddy instead.
I have never used a cable exactly like this. However, I entered the terms '2.5 SATA to USB' into a search engine and found many cables that look quite similar to the one in your photograph. They also seem relatively inexpensive, so the financial risk is low should this not be the correct device.

You have mentioned previously that you have a laptop (not a desktop) computer:
  • Is this laptop running Windows?
  • If so, what version of Windows?
  • How many free USB ports does it have?
  • What style(s) of USB port does it have? (USB-A/USB-C, etc.)
  • How much free space do you have on your laptop HDD?
If you have a limited number of USB ports on your laptop, perhaps you will need to copy the recordings a few at a time to the local HDD before swapping the PVR drive for an external USB drive and then copying again. You could also consider purchasing a cheap USB hub if you do not already have one.

If you have 2 free USB ports, then you should be able to use TFTool to copy directly from the PVR drive to the external USB drive.

You also asked previously about how long the copying process would take. This will depend on not only the number and size of the files that you need to save, but also the speed of the USB devices involved. Depending on the age of your laptop, you may be restricted to USB 2.0. If it is newer, you may have USB 3.0 or even USB-C. Once you have successfully copied a few files, you will be able to use the length of time that they took to estimate the overall time.

Anie
Vielfrager
Vielfrager

Beitrag von Anie » Mo 3. Jan 2022, 21:47

Is this laptop running Windows?
- Yes

If so, what version of Windows?
- Not sure where I can find that info, but I believe it's the newest there is at the moment

How many free USB ports does it have?
What style(s) of USB port does it have? (USB-A/USB-C, etc.)

- One of each left (if I understand correctly). I will buy an USB hub. I've been meaning to do that anyway.

How much free space do you have on your laptop HDD?
- The total is 57 GT but only 20 GT left, which honestly I don't get because I removed almost all my files (there's 800 Mt worth of pictures anymore). I don't know what's taking space. I could do database compression, though, if it makes a significance difference.

Thank you again.

IanL-S(2)
Neuling
Neuling
Receivertyp: TRF-2400, TRF-5300, TRF-7160, TRF-7260, TF7100HDPVRt

Beitrag von IanL-S(2) » Sa 8. Jan 2022, 08:15

Anie hat geschrieben:

@ DeltaMikeCharlie
Thanks for making me take a better look at the back of the Toppy, and you must be right.
@Annie, looks very much like the TRF-2200. As I said on the oztoppy froum, I suspect it may run Android rather than Linux - the firmware is twice the size of that for TMS Toppy which maxes out at 12Mb.

Ian

Alter Sack
Alt-Guru
Alt-Guru
Receivertyp: diverse

Beitrag von Alter Sack » Sa 8. Jan 2022, 18:10

IanL-S(2) hat geschrieben:
Sa 8. Jan 2022, 08:15
the firmware is twice the size of that for TMS Toppy which maxes out at 12Mb.
The firmware of the CRC-1410 seems to be close to 10MB.
Aktive Receiver:
3x SRP2401CI+
Stille Reserve:
3x SRP2401CI+, 2x SRP2401CI+ECO, 2x SRP2100, TF7700HDPVR, TF7700HSCI, TF5500PVR

Anie
Vielfrager
Vielfrager

Beitrag von Anie » Sa 8. Jan 2022, 22:22

IanL-S(2) hat geschrieben:
Sa 8. Jan 2022, 08:15
Anie hat geschrieben:

@ DeltaMikeCharlie
@Annie, looks very much like the TRF-2200. As I said on the oztoppy froum, I suspect it may run Android rather than Linux - the firmware is twice the size of that for TMS Toppy which maxes out at 12Mb.

Ian
Does that (Android, not Linux) make a difference when using FTTools? Anything special I need to take into account?

I won't have time to do anything about it before Tuesday or Wednesday, but I'll check here later to see if you (or someone else) happens to reply.

DeltaMikeCharlie
WebController
WebController

Beitrag von DeltaMikeCharlie » So 9. Jan 2022, 04:10

IanL-S / Anie
The manual that was found online specifically mentions JFS and does not mention 'Android' or other keywords like 'Apps', 'Play Store', etc. I think that this is a strong indication that the PVR is Linux-based and that TFtool is the most appropriate solution at the moment.

Antworten

Zurück zu „worldwide Topfield Café“