International Topfield Café
pooh_bear138
Vielfrager
Vielfrager
Receivertyp: TF4000PVR
Receiverfirmware: March 2007

Positioner Index won't save

Beitrag von pooh_bear138 » So 14. Okt 2007, 00:15

After updating to the latest firmware on my TF4000PVR, then uploading a revised channel list, the positioner will not move to saved positions. It will move when in Installer mode, but does not seem to remember the positions. Have gone back to an earlier firmware and that has made no difference so I think that is probably not relevant. Something has perhaps got corrupted in the channel list file transfer.

This has happened to me before a few years ago but I don't remember how I fixed it. I do remember eventually formatting the disc, but would like to avoid that if possible. I have tried resetting the positioner index without success. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Andrew

PS Is it possible to have this forum display in English? Thanks.
Zuletzt geändert von pooh_bear138 am So 14. Okt 2007, 00:25, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

pooh_bear138
Vielfrager
Vielfrager
Receivertyp: TF4000PVR
Receiverfirmware: March 2007

AW: Positioner Index won't save SOLVED

Beitrag von pooh_bear138 » So 14. Okt 2007, 09:36

Well, I managed to solve my own problem. The solution might be useful for others.

I downloaded SetEditTF and transferred the file again. This time the positions were transferred too and I didn't even have to save them again. One satellite which I had programmed myself didn't transfer but it was easy enough to re-programm and everything is now working! Positions are saved as before.

Also whereas it took ages to get a succesful transfer with STB Manager and TopBox which I had been using(repeated transfers were required to get one which would "take") SetEditTF worked first time!

I should say I was using an XP laptop with a USB Serial adaptor. Perhaps the first part of the file was not being correctly transferred using the other programs, overwriting the space used by the TF4000PVR to store the positioner information.

Regards

Andrew
Zuletzt geändert von pooh_bear138 am So 14. Okt 2007, 10:00, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Antworten

Zurück zu „worldwide Topfield Café“