Using Smart EPG on Australian Model TMS

FireBird
Suspekter verdächtiger Zauberküchenchef, TAP & Firmware-Guru
Suspekter verdächtiger Zauberküchenchef, TAP & Firmware-Guru
Receivertyp: SRP-2401CI+ TFIR
vu+ Duo 4k

AW: Using Smart EPG on Australian Model TMS

Beitrag von FireBird » Do 7. Jan 2016, 19:20

My first thought is that your code doesn’t exit normal mode. As TAP_ExitNormal() is part of OSDMenuMessageBoxShow() and OSDMenuInfoBoxShow(), it is hard to give more specific tips without seeing the code.

bulletmark
Neuling
Neuling

Beitrag von bulletmark » Fr 8. Jan 2016, 07:30

[quote="FireBird"]My first thought is that your code doesn?t exit normal mode. As TAP_ExitNormal() is part of OSDMenuMessageBoxShow() and OSDMenuInfoBoxShow(), it is hard to give more specific tips without seeing the code.[/quote]
I don't explicitly call TAP_Enter/ExitNormal anywhere. The only thing my code does is to present a dialog using your OSDMenuMessageBoxShow() function when a user presses stop on a recorded/timeslip file so I leave all the system and display stuff to your library code. As I say, it works fine with the system info-box with or without SE running, it's only when SE is using it's own info-box that this problem occurs so it seems SE is doing some odd refreshing while that info-box is up?

Is the SE code available?

Twilight
Zauberküchencheflehrling mit extra Butter
Receivertyp: 1 x SRP 2100(TMS) TFIR und .1 x SRP 2410 M

Beitrag von Twilight » Fr 8. Jan 2016, 07:39

bulletmark hat geschrieben:
Is the SE code available?
no ;)

twilight

DanielF
Neuling
Neuling

Converting Smart EPG searches to AutoSched format

Beitrag von DanielF » So 13. Mär 2016, 08:50

Due to the problem of sometimes not being able to chase-play (only since installing SE), sadly, I'm going to have to remove SmartEPG from Autostart and move AutoSched back into Autostart. But I really don't want to have to manually re-enter my dozens of searches (many added since moving to SmartEPG). Fortunately both programs use text-format files to store their search lists. And SmartEPG even names each entry in its Search.txt file.

But AutoSched doesn't name any variables in its file, though a few of them I can work out from their contents. But to write a conversion program (from Search.txt to AutoSchedSearch.txt) I need to know the full format details for the AutoSchedSearch.txt file.

I can't find any documentation for this file format. Does anyone know where I can get it?

Thanks, Daniel
(Gerroa, Australia)
7100+

keith_leitch
Erfahrener Benutzer
Erfahrener Benutzer

Re: Using Smart EPG on Australian Model TMS

Beitrag von keith_leitch » Di 16. Apr 2024, 01:57

Hello. Is Firebird, or any of the original developers of the brilliant SmartEPG_TMS, still active here?

If so, can I ask the favour of checking this thread in the Australian forum? I am having some issues with the FileDB, and have a list of questions there.

Twilight

Beitrag von Twilight » Di 16. Apr 2024, 07:12

Good morning keith!

I will answer here because I am not registered in the Australian forum.

the filedb itself is not limited, but the enties you can display on SmartFiler is limited, i think with 2000, as I remeber correct.

twilight

keith_leitch
Erfahrener Benutzer
Erfahrener Benutzer

Beitrag von keith_leitch » Di 16. Apr 2024, 08:55

Thanks for replying. That answers some of the mystery. Let me copy my findings and questions from the Australian forum.

Here is what I tried:

1. Checked the FileDB log, but could not see any significant difference between the recordings that display (or not) in the onscreen list.
2. Used SmartEPG_Restore TAP to return to yesterday's state.
3. Opened SE, option 6, chose any show.
4. Used the 'help' key to reveal that show's FileDB. Many recent recordings from that search were missing from the list.
5. Used the 'help' key again to take off the name filter. (Theoretically, this reveals all FileDB entries regardless of show, though the list is restricted to 200 entries. I assume 6. there are many more in the DB that are just not displayed on-screen, for practical reasons).
7. To my surprise, all episodes of all recorded shows now display, including those that appear to be missing with the usual name filter on.
8. To my further surprise, all recorded shows display, whether or not they were triggered by a search.
9. Returned to the list of searches and deleted one. Returned to display the whole FileDB, without filter.
10. Again to my surprise, all episodes of all recorded shows now display, including those from the search I just deleted.

Questions I have not been able to answer are:

- Why do some recording histories display with the name filter off, but not on while it is on?
- Will those "missing" or "invisible" entries still block future recordings of the same episode?

Well done to your team for writing a TAP so long ago that is still so useful today.

Twilight

Beitrag von Twilight » Di 16. Apr 2024, 09:19

keith_leitch hat geschrieben:
Di 16. Apr 2024, 08:55

Questions I have not been able to answer are:

- Why do some recording histories display with the name filter off, but not on while it is on?
the fildb entries could be damaged but if the fingerprint entries are still ok they will still work
keith_leitch hat geschrieben:
Di 16. Apr 2024, 08:55
- Will those "missing" or "invisible" entries still block future recordings of the same episode?

yes they will, it is only a limit when you want dispay the entries...

twilight

keith_leitch
Erfahrener Benutzer
Erfahrener Benutzer

Beitrag von keith_leitch » Di 16. Apr 2024, 21:17

I think I understand. Thank you for explaining.

I would prefer to continue listing the most recent entries without interruption. Let us assume that the filedb entries are damaged, as you suggest. If I delete just one of the three files, I expect that the display of entries would disappear, but the fingerprint entries would survive, continuing to block repeats. Is that correct?

If so, which of the three files do I delete? I understand all the display of entries will probably disappear... but, over time, I expect they would rebuild to the full 200.

Twilight

Beitrag von Twilight » Mi 17. Apr 2024, 07:01

as I rememver, you can't delete any entry. you can switch from successfully recorded to record again...

twilight

Twilight

Beitrag von Twilight » Mi 17. Apr 2024, 07:06

what is the goal? or what is the problem in the moment?

twilight

keith_leitch
Erfahrener Benutzer
Erfahrener Benutzer

Beitrag von keith_leitch » Mi 17. Apr 2024, 15:07

Sorry. To explain:

I am accustomed to being able to view the last 200 filename entries that have recorded for each series. Now, I can only view some of them, only sometimes. Many, I can only view when I take off the name filter to view the filenames of every show from every series. However, you are correct; repeats are still blocked even when I cannot view those filenames.

I would like to go back to how it was: with repeats blocked and able to view the title of every recent recording.

I feel that if I delete just, for example FileText.db or just FileTextStrings.db maybe the recordings will still block but the titles to view will disappear and start rebuilding from scratch. However, I do not know which one of these files controls which part of the project. (I cannot remember the names of the files, but I think you know the ones I mean.)

Twilight

Beitrag von Twilight » Mi 17. Apr 2024, 19:56

you can only try to take old db files from backups and have a look if the databases are in better condition.
but you have to change/copy alle three together, do not try to change only one of them...

twilight

keith_leitch
Erfahrener Benutzer
Erfahrener Benutzer

Beitrag von keith_leitch » Do 18. Apr 2024, 04:57

Okay, 10-4. Thanks for the advice.

I hope you do not mind one more question: what does the numeral indicate on the left-hand-side of the filedb display? It seems to be always 0, 1 or 2.

Twilight

Beitrag von Twilight » Do 18. Apr 2024, 08:03

can you make a screenshot and upload it please...I haven't any topfield running here that I can have a quick look...

twilight

keith_leitch
Erfahrener Benutzer
Erfahrener Benutzer

Beitrag von keith_leitch » Do 18. Apr 2024, 23:33

Good idea. Will do so later today.

Antworten

Zurück zu „SmartEPG TMS“